Short Term Scientific Missions exchange visits on the subject of materials modelling under extreme conditions
ICAMCyL has expressed its interest on welcome STMS (Short-term scientific missions) exchange visits on the subject of materials modelling under extreme conditions.
For more information:
International Center for Advanced Materials and Raw Materials of Castilla y Leon
Phone: (+34) 687 273 600 /or/ (+34) 987 440 481
Parque Tecnológico de León, Edificio de Usos Múltiples
C/ Julia Morros S/N Primera Planta, Oficinas 106-108
24009 Armunia (León), SPAIN
Assistant Professor (Maître Assistant) in Durability and degradation of metals
The Materials and Mechanical Engineering Centre SMS (Sciences des Matériaux et des Structures) has published the Call for applications for the post of Assistant Professor (Maître Assistant) in Durability and degradation of metals.
The application documents should be addressed for the attention of the Director of the École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Étienne, at the latest by the 30 th April 2018, date as per postmark. Required date for taking up the position: 1 st October 2018.
2018 Graduate student (PhD and/or Master’s) and post-doctoral fellow
- The Functional Coating and Surface Engineering Laboratory (FCSEL) at Polytechnique in Montreal encourages applications to fill two positions at the graduate student (PhD/Master) and post-doctoral fellow levels on “High performance multifunctional nanostructured hard protective tribological coatings for harsh environments“. Call for applications.
- Some positions on line at Chalmers University of Technology. The most important for the topics of the Action is a post-doctoral position in “Synthesis of magnetocaloric materials”. Call for applications
Visiting Scientists Academic year 2017/2018
Within the framework of its internationalization policies and with the aim of fostering the incoming
mobility of foreign scholars, the Università Politecnica delle Marche opens a call for applications with
the view of awarding grants to foreign scholars with extensive scientific experience in order to conduct
didactic and research activities in the Departments of the Università Politecnica delle Marche.
International Student Energy Summit
Opportunity for students to attend the International Student Energy Summit in Merida, Mexico June 13-16 of this year. This is the most diverse summit in the world for university students interested in energy. They will have top speakers from around the globe and covering all topics from energy technology, to innovation and policy.
The Summit could be interesting also for students of Material Science and Technology http://studentenergysummit2017.com/the-conversation/ with e session on
Materials: the building blocks of the energy transition
Clean energy materials, key elements for technology and innovation
The organizing committee offers bursaries and scholarships to many of the students who wish to attend. There are opportunities to present research, meet energy leaders, and network with 800 delegates from 120 countries. You can find out more about the Summit on their website or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Cranfield European Partnership Programme PhDs (CEPPs)
Funding for two, full-time PhD studentships (three-year duration) is available in collaboration with selected European Partner Programme (EPP) institutions.
These studentships are for EU students only and underscore the value that Cranfield places on our partnerships with these selected institutions, ensure that cooperation continues in the future and will strengthen bilateral research cooperation between Cranfield and our partner institutions in Europe.
The scheme is now open with a closing date of Friday 12 May 2017.
The total award per studentship is £63,585.
Funding for each studentship will cover per annum costs towards fees (standard research council fee) and stipend: fees; £4,195; stipend; £17,000.
How to apply
The applicant should get in touch with Dr Goel at email@example.com.
Project proposals must include plans on how the project will engage with one of the below listed European Partnership Programme Institutions, in order to deliver the research. The application must be signed off by your relevant Director of Theme.
Awards will be made to two projects that demonstrate collaboration with one of the below European Partner Programme (EPP) institutions with whom Cranfield has double-degree arrangements.
Students must be EU nationals.
Recipients must undertake research projects that involve co-supervision with Cranfield and selected EPP institutions (see list below). PhD Awards may be made from Cranfield or jointly by both institutions and research topics will be at the recommendation of academic staff.
- List of selected EPP Institutions:
- Ecole Catholique des Arts et Metiers, Lyon
- Ecole Centrale de Lille
- Ecole des Mines de Nancy
- Ecole Supérieure des Techniques Aéronautiques et de Construction Automobile (ESTACA)
- Institut Supérieur de Mécanique de Paris (SupMeca)
- Institut Supérieur Electronique de Paris (ISEP)
- Polytech’ Montpellier
- Universite de Technologie de Compiegne (UTC)
- Universite de Technologie de Troyes
- INSA, Rouen
- Universidad del Pais Vasco – Bilbao
- Universidad Politecnica De Madrid ETSIA
- Universidad Politecnica de Valencia
- Universitat de Lleida
- Universidad Pontifica Comillas
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) Barcelona
- Politecnico Di Bari
- Universita degli studi di Genova
- BOKU Vienna
- TU Braunschweig
- Silesian University of Technology
THE INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL ON
MATERIALS FOR ENERGY CONVERSION
July 10-15, 2017
The School will focus on lectures related with theoretical and experimental aspects of crystal growth, with special emphasis on the materials for energy conversion and storage.
The Organizing Committee has the pleasure to announce “International Travel Grants” (partial travel support) for Young Scientists attending the “International Summer School on Materials for Energy Conversion”.
Deadline for Grant application April 15, 2017
POST DOC research grant (up to 2 years) in Estonia
The nanomanipulation team in the Institute of Physics, University of Tartu is looking for good candidate with Physics, Chemistry or Material Science background.
In February 1, the submission of post doc research grant (up to 2 years) in Estonia will be opened. Please look for details :
The nanomanipulation team is a young and strong team with many world top level instruments including FIB-SEM, AFM, TEM, etc., and soon also a lithography facilities in the cleanroom.
They are looking for recently defended (no more than 5 years) good candidate.
The project submission is opened from 1 February 2017- February 24
(internal deadline). Therefore, the timescale is quite tough.
If you need more information, then contact directly Rynno Lohmus, firstname.lastname@example.org
POST DOC in Spain:
1) PostDoc vacancy related to the design, characterization, and modeling of Receivers for Advanced Concentrated Solar Power Plants at ICCRAM-UNIVERSITY OF BURGOS (Spain) More information.
PhD Funded Studentships:
1) The finite element method (FEM) is used by almost every engineering company to design and manufacture engineering components. One limitation of FEM is it fails at very small length scales. Therefore, FEM cannot be used to analyse various precision manufacturing processes (e.g. polishing of diamond) because material removal takes place at an atomic scale (of the order of a few nanometres) and cannot be simulated using FEM software.
More details in the https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/research/phd/using-simulation-intent-to-develop-a-multi-scale-modelling-algorithm
2) This project is open to UK/EU applicants and is seeking bright candidates to work towards their PhD at Cranfield University in collaboration with a world leader in solar power systems. More details in the https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/research/phd/modelling-and-simulation-of-diamond-wire-sawing-of-silicon-wafers
Short Term Scientific Missions
Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) are exchange visits aimed at supporting individual mobility,
strengthening existing networks and fostering collaboration between researchers. A STSM should specifically
contribute to the scientific objectives of the CRM-Extreme Action.
STSM have a duration between 5 and 90 days and provide an STSM grant. To apply for STSM see the Call and Motivation Letter